Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) is looking for the services of a well-qualified, mature and highly experienced person to fill a vacant post of Head of Training Programmes (Grade SME 4) tenable at its Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) in Mponela, Dowa.
Interested applicants must have the following qualifications and attributes:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Education or any related field from a recognized
and accredited institution;
• At least five (5) years’ relevant experience at a senior position preferably in a Training Institution;
• Practical knowledge and experience in development of curricula and training materials;
• Sound planning, coordination, organizational and communication skills;
• Excellent networking and negotiation skills;
• Ability to manage and recruit relevant staff in liaison with the Human Resources Manager;
• Team player, result oriented, creative and innovative;
• Ability to develop and implement sound strategic plans for the centre.
The successful candidate will among other things be responsible for:
• Providing overall leadership to Lecturers and the entire Centre
• Leading in the development of curriculum and accreditation processing of programmes at Mponela Enterprise
Development Centre (EDC);
• Building and maintaining a vibrant training centre for MSMEs and other stakeholders;
• Implementing and initiating review of policies, strategies, work plans and budgets for the centre;
• Planning, preparing and delivery of lectures on various business related skills;
• Aggressive marketing of training programmes to ensure that required student numbers are always achieved;
• Setting performance targets for all staff at the centre
• Preparing and presenting periodic reports for the centre to management
• Championing Change management, risk management and internal control processes at the centre.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees
including that of an immediate past employer if applicable, should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
SMEDI, Private Bag 393,
To reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 26th March, 2021.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE SPECIFICALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY