Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) is looking for the services of a well-qualified and highly experienced person to fill a vacant post of Lecturer – Entrepreneurship (Grade SME 5) tenable at its Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) in Mponela, Dowa.
Interested applicants for the post must have the following qualifications and attributes:
• Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Business Management, Agribusiness Management or any related field from a recognized and accredited institution;
• At least five (5) years extensive lecturing experience in Entrepreneurship or Business Management;
• Practical knowledge and experience in development of training materials and curricula;
• Sound knowledge of local and international MSME landscape;
• Excellent facilitation, communication and training skills;
• Excellent networking and negotiation skills;
• Team-player and results oriented.
The successful candidate will among other things be responsible for:
• Participating in the development of training materials and curricula guided by needs of clients;
• Participating in organizing, facilitating and coordinating training and other enterprise skills development initiatives to start-ups, established MSMEs and other interested clients;
• Planning, preparing and delivery of lectures on Entrepreneurship and other business related skills;
• Participating in the identification of MSMEs skills service gaps and coming up with appropriate recommendations;
• Participating in the development of plans, programmes and budgets;
• Initiating the development or review of new and innovative enterprise skills development services for MSMEs;
• Producing and submitting relevant periodic reports.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer if applicable, should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
SMEDI, Private Bag 393,
To reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 26th March, 2021.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE SPECIFICALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY