Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill a vacant position of Business Development Executive tenable at SMEDI Enterprise Development Centre in Mponela, Dowa. Once recruited, the successful person will be responsible for business development and marketing functions of all Institution’s Income Generating Units (IGUs) ensuring their progressive growth.
Interested applicants for the position must have the following qualifications and attributes:
• A minimum of Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing from a recognized and accredited Institution. Bachelor’s Degree in the same fields will be an added advantage;
• At least three (3) year’s relevant and practical experience in a similar job;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Open and friendly personality;
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
• Organizational and creative skills.
The successful candidate will among other things be responsible for:
• Scouting and securing new business for all IGUs;
• Development and execution of marketing plans for all IGUs for improved level of business;
• Building business relationships with current and potential clients;
• Guiding and training front line staff on best business practices for increased customer retention;
• Increase the bed occupancy of Lodge business and increase sales and customer base of the institution;
• Ensure improved performance of all business generation units and achieve given targets;
• Generation of periodic performance reports for IGUs for management’s information and attention.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
SMEDI, P/Bag 393,
to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 28th May 2021.